Goods in Transit Insurance
Academy can provide you with an instant quote and full point of sale documentation for your Goods in Transit business. With Academy you get great service and competitive rates.
Our Goods in Transit insurance provides cover for a wide range of industries and purposes.
Cover provided for carriage of own goods
- Tradesmen Goods and Tools in transit (Which can also include a 20% co-insurance clause for theft or attempted theft from a vehicle outside of working hours, where the insurer will pay 80% of your loss/damage)
- Freight liability
- Furniture Removers - domestic and commercial
- Marine Cargo
- Trailer Cover Extension
- European cover available for Haulage and Freight
- Warehouse Keepers cover available (UKWA/RHA Conditions)
In addition, we can offer
- an economy product (excludes high theft risk goods)
- extension available to cover refrigerated goods and livestock
Goods in transit insurance covers property against loss or damage for transit from one place to another or being stored during a journey by road or rail. This can be extended or is often included, to cover transit via inland and costal waters.
Goods in transit insurance can cover goods being distributed by your company's own vehicles or by a third-party carrier, both domestically and abroad.
Typical types of cover in a goods in transit insurance policy can include:
- Theft of Goods whilst in transit
- Loss of Goods whilst in transit
- Accidental Damage